Friday, January 09, 2009

To become a citizen

    I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce  and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate,  state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject  or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of  the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic;  that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear  arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I  will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United  States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national  importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I  take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose  of evasion; so help me God.
(Karl note:  sadly, some of the words can be changed, if you have issues with God and the concept of an "oath") 

No comments: